Garlic bread got a makeover with this zingy Mediterranean Tomato Medley flatbread.
What you will need:
Refrigerated Vegan Dough (I use Birrittella's Pizza Dough located in the cheese section in my local Stop & Shop or Trader Joe’s garlic-herb pizza crust. You can also make your own)
1 Pint Grape Tomatoes, if possible, in various shades of red, yellow, and orange
4 Garlic Cloves, minced
2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Basil
1. Cook the dough according to packaged instructions (or recipe instructions) for 3/4ths of the recommended time.
2. Sprinkle olive oil and garlic over the partially cooked dough and rub the garlic pieces around with a spoon
3. Cut tomatoes into disks and place on top of the dough
4. Sprinkle half of the fresh chopped basil on top and put back in the oven for the remainder of the time.
5. When done, remove from oven and top with the remaining basil.
Optional: Top with a drizzle of Hampton Creek's Awesomesauce