Add these breakfast tofu bites to a wrap with hash browns and veggies to pack some protein into your morning.
What you will need:
1 Package of Firm Tofu
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1) Drain tofu and press dry with paper towels. Cut into desired shape.
2) Place tofu in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp turmeric, and 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast over the tofu.
3) As the tofu is cooking, press down with a spatula. You will hear the tofu scream, but let your conscience rest east, plants do not feel pain.
4) After the tofu has browned on one side, flip over and sprinkle the rest of the salt, turmeric, and nutritional yeast over the tofu.
5) Press down the tofu with a spatula again to get all the water out.
6) Serving directions: I've found the dry-fried breakfast tofu works best in a panini or wrap with hash browns and veggies. Also goes great with a good old fashioned breakfast fry up.