Herbed Tofu and Vegan Bacon Bow Ties
Cuddle up on the couch with this heart-warming vegan pasta dish. Also a great meal prep ooption.
What you will need:
1 Box Farfalle, cooked
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Block Firm or Extra-Firm Tofu, drained, patted dry, and cubed
1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1/2 tsp. Salt
8-10 Strips of Vegan Bacon (some options include: LightLife Smart Bacon, Benevolent Bacon), chopped into bite sized pieces
--> Vegan Bacon Alternative: 3 Large Portobella mushrooms sprinkled with olive oil, thyme, minced garlic in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F. Remove from oven and cut into pieces. Place in large pan at medium heat and cook off the excess water
Olive oil to taste or top with Parsley Walnut Pesto Sauce
1) Warm oil in a large pan over medium heat. Place tofu in pan. Sprinkle half the Italian seasoning, paprika, and salt over the tofu.
2) Flip tofu when it starts to golden. Sprinkle the remaining Italian seasoning, paprika, and salt over the tofu.
3) In a separate pan cook the vegan bacon according to packaging instructions or prepare the vegan bacon alternative.
4) In a large bowl, combine the cooked Farfalle, tofu, and the vegan bacon/vegan bacon alternative.
5) Stir in olive oil to taste or, if desired, stir in Parsley Walnut Pesto Sauce.