Leek and Tarragon Pasta
This quick and simple dish inspired by Chef Gordon Ramsay is a perfect weekday dinner and have you feeling like a top chef.
What you will need:
1 Box Pasta (I used shells, but anything works), cooked al dente
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
8 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
1 Large Garlic Clove, minced
1 Large Leek
1/2 Cup Vegetable Broth
1/2 tsp Salt, or to taste
1/4 Cup Tarragon, chopped
4 Tbsp Vegan Butter (I use Earth Balance)
4 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1) Warm the olive oil over medium heat in a large pan. Cook mushrooms for 4 minutes. Add the garlic.
2) Cut off the leaves of the leek and discard. Slice the leek stem down the center, length-wise turn 45 degrees and slice down the center again to cut into quadrants. Wash the leek under cold water. Slice the leek and add to the mushrooms.
3) Let that cook for 4 more minutes
4) Meanwhile, make the sauce by warming 4 Tbsp of vegan butter in a small sauce plan. Once melted, slowly whisk in the flour. Once the mixture thickens, slowly add in the almond milk. Add more or less depending on the desired consistency. The consistency should be similar to cream.
5) Stir in vegetable broth to the mushroom and leek mixture to deglaze the plan. Let the broth reduce by half.
6) Stir the sauce into the mushroom and leek mixture. Add salt and cook for 3 minutes.
7) Add the pasta to mix and fully coat with the sauce. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
8) Turn off the heat and add the tarragon to the pan. Stir and serve immediately.