Simple and wholesome ingredients create these vibrantly colored quesadillas, which are low in fat but packed with flavor.
What you will need:
'2 lbs. Sweet Potatoes (about 3 large potatoes), peeled and chopped
2 Tbsp. Vegetable Broth
1 Small Green Chile Pepper, finely chopped
2 tsp. Lime Juice
1/2 tsp. Cumin
3/4 tsp. Smoked Paprika
1 Clove Garlic, minced
15-oz Can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
12 Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
Garnish: Cilantro, Grape Tomatoes, Lime Slices
1. Boil water in a large saucepan. Once the water is boiling, add sweet potatoes and cook for 8-10 minutes until tender.
2. Drain potatoes and place in large bowl with vegetable broth. Mash until smooth.
3. Stir in the pepper, lime juice, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic, and beans.
4. Heat a nonstick skillet or griddle on medium.
5. Spread sweet potato mixture on half a tortilla and press the other half of the tortilla over to flatten
6. Place on skillet for 4-5 minutes until heated through, flipping frequently to prevent burning.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 with the remaining sweet potato mixture and tortillas.
8. Garnish with chopped cilantro, halved grape tomatoes and lime slices.
9. Pair with salsa, guacamole, or adobo sauce